Celebrating excellence & inspiring achievements
2022 Awards Key Dates
Entries Open: 16 May 2022
Entries Close: 30 July 2022 at 6.00pm
Finalists Announced: 22 September 2022
Gala Evening: 29 October 2022
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
HOW TO DEVELOP AN EFFECTIVE BUSINESS AWARDS SUBMISSION
WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER
The application process is designed to focus on key aspects of your business, providing a valuable opportunity to review and benchmark your performance against other successful enterprises.
All entrants receive a score card and feedback from the judges. This feedback will help you see your business in a new light and identify key areas of growth and strength.
By entering the awards you/your business will establish a valuable network with the other applicants, which is mutually rewarding and beneficial for your business.
Receive local recognition for your success and raise your profile! All finalists receive increased local exposure. Winners are promoted throughout the region by BSW Connect networks and TV commercials on GWN7.
The Star Business of the Year will receive a TV & radio advertising airtime package valued at over $5,000 with GWN7, and a $1,000 cash prize, presented by BSW Connect.
All Business Award Category winners receive a $1,000 voucher to put towards a TV advertising airtime campaign with GWN7.
BUSINESS CATEGORY PARTNERS
INDUSTRY CATEGORY PARTNERS
ADDITIONAL CATEGORY PARTNERS
Can I enter more than one category?
- Businesses can enter one Business Category, one Industry Category, as many Additional Categories and Individual Categories as desired. Click here to find out more about the categories and their criteria.
How do I enter?
When do entries close?
- Entries close at 6pm on Saturday, 30 July 2022.
Is there an Entry Fee?
- This year there is a $25 (inc gst) entry fee. This fee goes directly to costs associated with organising this program. Please note that an invoice will be issued once your application has been submitted.
Want some support in developing your application?
- Application support is available again this year with Nikki Griffiths from IPS Business Advisory.
Will I receive feedback on my entry?
- All businesses receive a detailed feedback and benchmark report following the Winner announcements. Please note this may take up to 4 weeks.
When will Finalists be announced?
- Finalists will be announced at the Applicants Networking Event on 22 September 2022, location to be confirmed.
When will Winners be announced?
- Winners will be announced at the Gala Evening on 29 October 2022 at Bunbury Regional Entertainment Centre.
To enter the 2022 South West Business Excellence Awards (SWBEA) you are required to meet the following conditions of entry:
- Your business has a current ABN and has been trading continuously for 2 years or more (unless otherwise stated in the category criteria) and is not bankrupt or trading insolvent at the time of applying.
- Your business is located in one of the 12 LGAs in the South West region (Augusta-Margaret River, Boyup-Brook, Bridgetown-Greenbushes, Bunbury, Busselton, Capel, Collie, Dardanup, Donnybrook-Balingup, Harvey, Manjimup, Nannup).
- Your business is more than 50% South West owned.
- Your business must not have more than 100 full-time or equivalent staff at the time of entry.
- You can be a sole trader, partnership, listed company, franchisee, or not-for-profit.
- Key management decisions are made by the owner/s.
- You meet the award category and judging criteria for your nominated award categories.
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fee of $25 (inc gst) is payable on submission of each business application.
- Submissions and support material will not be returned to entrants.
- Award entrants into the Customer Experience Award category, agree to their customer experience being independently validated during the judging period.
- Award entrants cannot be an Awards sponsor in the same year.
- Award entrants cannot have been involved in the Awards judging process within the previous 2 years.
- Award entrants cannot be a BSW Connect Board Member, a current member of the judging panel or related to a Board Member or member of the judging panel.
- Judging will be undertaken by an independent panel of judges.
- The judging panel reserves the right to move entrants into other categories or enter your business for other categories if deemed appropriate.
- In submitting an application you acknowledge that the judging panel decisions are final and will not be subject to any challenge.
- Any material supplied in your submission may be used in media announcements and BSW Connect publications excluding financial information and anything identified as confidential.
- You accept that you may be filmed or photographed in relation to the SWBEA and those images may appear in all forms of media including online, TV, print and other media.
- By submitting an application, you agree to accept and abide by all the above entry conditions.
Pictured: Star Business of the Year – Asset Reliability Inspections