Celebrating excellence & inspiring achievements
2023 SOUTH WEST BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Applications Open 31 July
Applications Close 22 September
Judging 23 September – 20 October
Applicant Networking Event 25 October
Gala 18 November
TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT FOR THE APPLICANT NETWORKING EVENT
When: Wednesday, 25 October 2023
Where: Retravision, Bunbury
GALA TICKETS GO ON SALE ON THURSDAY, 26 OCTOBER
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2022 WINNERS and RUNNERS-UP
WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER
The application process is designed to focus on key aspects of your business, providing a valuable opportunity to review and benchmark your performance against other successful enterprises.
All entrants receive a score card and feedback from the judges. This feedback will help you see your business in a new light and identify key areas of growth and strength.
By entering the awards you/your business will establish a valuable network with the other applicants, which is mutually rewarding and beneficial for your business.
Receive local recognition for your success and raise your profile! All finalists receive increased local exposure. Winners are promoted throughout the region by BSW Connect networks and TV commercials on GWN7.
The Star Business of the Year will receive a video content creation package and radio advertising airtime package valued at over $5,000 and a $1,000 cash prize, presented by BSW Connect.
All Business Award Category winners receive a $1,000 voucher to put towards a radio advertising with HitFM.
Can I enter more than one category?
- Businesses can enter one Business Category, one Industry Category, as many Achievement Categories and Individual Categories as desired. Click here to find out more about the categories and their criteria.
How do I enter?
When do entries close?
- Entries close at 11.59pm on Friday, 22 September 2023.
Is there an Entry Fee?
- This year there is a $50 (inc gst) entry fee. This fee goes directly to costs associated with organising this program. Please note that an invoice will be issued upon the commencement of your application.
Want some support in developing your application?
- Application support is available again this year from IPS Business Advisory.
Will I receive feedback on my entry?
- All businesses receive a detailed feedback and benchmark report following the Winner announcements. Please note this may take up to 4 weeks.
When will Finalists be announced?
- Finalists will be announced at the Applicants Networking Event on 25 October 2023 at Retravision, Bunbury.
When will the Winners be announced?
- Winners will be announced at the Gala Evening on 18 November 2023 at Abbey Beach Resort.
To enter the 2023 South West Business Excellence Awards (SWBEA) you are required to meet the following conditions of entry:
- Your business has a current ABN and is not bankrupt or trading insolvent at the time of applying.
- Your business is located in one of the 12 LGAs in the South West region (Augusta-Margaret River, Boyup-Brook, Bridgetown-Greenbushes, Bunbury, Busselton, Capel, Collie, Dardanup, Donnybrook-Balingup, Harvey, Manjimup, Nannup).
- Your business’s head office is located in the South West.
- Your business must not have more than 100 full-time or equivalent staff at the time of entry.
- You can be a sole trader, partnership, trust, company, franchisee, or not-for-profit.
- Key management decisions are made by the owner/s.
- You meet the award category and judging criteria for your selected award categories.
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fee of $50 (inc gst) will be invoiced upon the commencement of your application and is payable prior to the application closing date.
- Submissions and support material will not be returned to entrants.
- Award entrants into the Customer Experience Award category, agree to their customer experience being independently validated during the judging period.
- Award entrants cannot be an Awards Partner in the same year (unless submitting an application on behalf of an employee in the Employee of the Year Award category).
- Winners will be announced at the Gala presentation evening on Saturday, 18 November 2023, and a business representative for each finalist must be in attendance.
- Judges will be recused from judging entries if there is deemed a conflict of interest or at the request of the judge.
- Judging will be undertaken by an independent panel of judges.
- The judging panel reserves the right to move entrants into other categories or enter your business for other categories if deemed appropriate.
- In submitting an application you acknowledge that the judging panel decisions are final and will not be subject to any challenge.
- Any material supplied in your submission may be used in media announcements and BSW Connect publications excluding financial information and anything identified as confidential.
- You accept that you may be filmed or photographed in relation to the SWBEA and those images may appear in all forms of media including online, TV, print and other media.
- By submitting an application, you agree to accept and abide by all the above entry conditions.
BUSINESS CATEGORY PARTNERS
INDUSTRY CATEGORY PARTNERS
Tourism & Hospitality
Retail & Sales
Diversity & Inclusivity
Sustainability & Environmental
Employee of the Year
Emerging Business Leader
Star Business Person of the Year
Indigenous Business Leader