Celebrating excellence & inspiring achievements
BUSINESS AWARD CATEGORIES
Alcoa Emerging Business Award
This award recognises young enterprises that have been operating for at least 12 months and up to 2 years at the time of submitting their awards application and can demonstrate specific strategies and processes implemented to achieve significant success and growth in terms of customers/users since start-up.
Optus Medium Business Award
This award recognises businesses with 11 plus full-time or equivalent employees that have achieved significant growth (market share, sales volume, turnover, profitability) and can demonstrate the specific plans and strategies implemented to achieve outstanding sustainable results.
HHG Legal Group Micro Business Award
This award recognises businesses with less than 5 full-time or equivalent employees that have achieved significant growth (market share, sales volume, turnover, profitability) and can demonstrate the specific plans and strategies implemented to achieve outstanding sustainable results.
Home-Based Business Award
This award recognises businesses that operate either at home (carry out most of the work at your home) or from home (so you don’t own or rent any premises other than your home), have achieved significant growth (market share, sales volume, turnover, profitability) and can demonstrate the specific plans and strategies implemented to achieve outstanding sustainable results.
Southern Ports Small Business Award
This award recognises businesses with 5-10 full-time or equivalent employees that have achieved significant growth (market share, sales volume, turnover, profitability) and can demonstrate the specific plans and strategies implemented to achieve outstanding sustainable results.
Albemarle Excellence in Not-for-Profit Award
This award recognises exceptional organisations that are registered as not-for-profit, profit for purpose and/or charity organisations (with a minimum of 10% of its surplus going back to the principal cause of the organisation) and can demonstrate exceptional strategies and processes implemented to enable them to realise sustainable growth.
INDUSTRY AWARD CATEGORIES
Shire of Harvey Tourism & Hospitality Award
This award recognises the outstanding achievements of businesses providing a service within the tourism & hospitality industry sectors including accommodation, travel, local tourist attractions, tour operators, events, restaurants and cafes.
Department of Primary Industries & Regional Development Food & Beverage Manufacturing Award
This award recognises the outstanding achievements of businesses that mainly operate in the food and beverage manufacturing industry adding value to raw and/or semi-processed ingredients to transform them into outstanding food or beverage products.
Asset Reliability Inspections Construction, Mining & Manufacturing Award
This award recognises the outstanding achievements of businesses that mainly operate in the construction, mining and manufacturing industry sectors.
EBM Insurance and Risk Professional Services – Product Based Award
This award recognises the outstanding achievements of businesses mainly operating in the services sector offering clients with knowledge-based and/or customised services (as opposed to physical products) provided ‘to or for customers’ with limited customer involvement in their delivery. Examples include mechanical repairs, financial, legal, accounting and consulting services, IT support, landscaping, pet care etc.
Retravision Retail Award
This award recognises the outstanding achievements of businesses mainly operating in the retail industry sector providing an exceptional retail experience for their customers.
Sponsorship & Consulting Services Professional Services – People Based Award
This award recognises the outstanding achievements of businesses mainly operating in the services sector offering clients with knowledge-based and/or customised services (as opposed to physical products) requiring substantial customer involvement in their delivery. Examples include services in the areas of education & training, hair & beauty, health & wellbeing, childcare, aged & disability support, community services etc
ACHIEVEMENT AWARD CATEGORIES
ECU Innovation Award
This award recognises businesses that have made a significant contribution to their industry, demonstrating the core values of innovation through the introduction of new knowledge or application of new and creative ideas, technologies, products, methods and/or processes that enhance their business operations or competitiveness and the effectiveness or quality of outcomes for their clients, community and/or the public sector.
Qube Customer Experience Award
This award recognises businesses that display a strong commitment to providing excellent customer experience through initiatives that build customer relationships (listening, analysing feedback and exceeding expectations) that enhance customer retention and promote business growth.
Forrest Personnel Diversity & Inclusivity Award
This award recognises businesses that display and demonstrate an outstanding commitment and contribution to promoting social and economic inclusion of people with disabilities and/or from diverse or disadvantaged backgrounds.
Shire of Dardanup Community Engagement Award
This award recognises businesses that demonstrate an exceptional commitment to community involvement that is outside the core focus of their operations by going ‘over and above’ to support and make a significant contribution to their local community.
Harvey Water Environmental Responsibility Award
This award recognises businesses that display a strong understanding of the environmental impact of their operations and can demonstrate through their policies, practices and procedures that they are working to reduce their environmental impact and/or providing products and services that have positive environmental outcomes.
NBN Co Digital Business Award
This award recognises the outstanding achievements of businesses that heavily rely on technology to operate and drive growth, revenue and performance, using digital technologies to create new value in business models, customer experiences and the internal capabilities that support their core operations that build a competitive edge.
INDIVIDUAL AWARD CATEGORIES
Star Business Person
This award recognises a business leader who displays strengths in the specified criteria and can demonstrate outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, strategic business direction and innovative ideas whilst providing inspiration to upcoming business leaders and has a strong involvement in the local community. You can nominate yourself or another business person for this award.
South West Development Commission Employee of the Year Award
This award recognises employees, trainees and apprentices in any industry who display exceptional commitment to their employer, go above and beyond to achieve outstanding results and provide a positive role model for other employees. Nominee/s cannot be an owner or Director.
Proudly supported by South West Development Corporation
BGCCI Young Business Achiever
This award recognises a business owner who is 35 years old or younger at 31 December 2022.
BSW Connect Indigenous Business Achiever
This award recognises the outstanding achievements of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander business person.
FAQS AND ENTRY CONDITIONS
Can I enter more than one category?
- Businesses can enter one Business Category, one Industry Category, as many Achievement Categories and Individual Categories as desired
How do I enter?
When do entries close?
- Entries close at 6pm on Friday, 30 July 2022.
Is there an Entry Fee?
- This year there is a $25 (inc gst) entry fee. This fee goes directly to costs associated with organising this program and is payable on submission of your application.
Want some support in developing your application?
- Application support is available from Nikki Griffiths at IPS Business Advisory.
Will I receive feedback on my entry?
- All businesses receive a detailed feedback and benchmark report following the Winner announcements. Please note this may take up to 4 weeks.
When will Finalists be announced?
- Finalists will be announced at the Applicants Networking Event on 22 September 2022, location to be confirmed.
When will Winners be announced?
- Winners will be announced at the Gala Evening on 29 October 2022 at Bunbury Regional Entertainment Centre.
To enter the 2022 South West Business Excellence Awards (SWBEA) you are required to meet the following conditions of entry:
- Your business has a current ABN and has been trading continuously for 2 years or more (unless otherwise stated in the category criteria) and is not bankrupt or trading insolvent at the time of applying.
- Your business is located in one of the 12 LGAs in the South West region (Augusta-Margaret River, Boyup-Brook, Bridgetown-Greenbushes, Bunbury, Busselton, Capel, Collie, Dardanup, Donnybrook-Balingup, Harvey, Manjimup, Nannup).
- Your business is more than 50% South West owned.
- Your business must not have more than 100 full-time or equivalent staff at the time of entry.
- You can be a sole trader, partnership, listed company, franchisee, or not-for-profit.
- Key management decisions are made by the owner/s.
- You meet the award category and judging criteria for your nominated award categories.
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fee of $25 (inc gst) is payable on submission of each business application.
- Submissions and support material will not be returned to entrants.
- Award entrants into the Customer Experience Award category, agree to their customer experience being independently validated during the judging period.
- Award entrants cannot be an Awards sponsor in the same year.
- Award entrants cannot have been involved in the Awards judging process within the previous 12 months.
- Award entrants cannot be a BSW Connect Board Member, a current member of the judging panel or related to a Board Member or member of the judging panel.
- Judging will be undertaken by an independent panel of judges.
- The judging panel reserves the right to move entrants into other categories or enter your business for other categories if deemed appropriate.
- In submitting an application you acknowledge that the judging panel decisions are final and will not be subject to any challenge.
- Any material supplied in your submission may be used in media announcements and BSW Connect publications excluding financial information and anything identified as confidential.
- You accept that you may be filmed or photographed in relation to the SWBEA and those images may appear in all forms of media including online, TV, print and other media.
- By submitting an application, you agree to accept and abide by all the above entry conditions.