BSW Connect recently embarked on their first Mastermind group. A Mastermind Group is a concept through which individuals learn business and life skills from each other and grow together. We saw the need for connection of our business community and to accelerate the fulfilment of business goals, personal desires and aspirations, whilst providing amazing results.
The concept of Mastermind Groups is not new, and was first introduced by Napoleon Hill in his book Think and Grow Rich (1937). He described a Mastermind as a group of at least two people who come together with the aim of solving problems. He found through studying American companies that when we gather together with others to throw around ideas, discuss and debate, people received both criticism and inspiration, and the rate of grow and development to foster grew expeditiously.
Merinda reached out to the BSW Connect community to form a small group (between 6 and 8) and whilst it was open to both men and women, 8 ladies stepped up who were prepared to commit time to their growth. The BSW Connect concept is to meet online fortnightly.
Last Friday she commenced the group facilitation and made it clear there were Mastermind guidelines to be adhered to. The point is to allow the group members to be open and willing to provide candid opinions and openly share their ideas, insights, and suggestions with the other members of the Mastermind Group.
Commitment to the Mastermind group
we wanted people who were determined and aimed to make the most of his or her life. The group is not about coming once and if you don’t like it, leaving. It is about committing to the people, the process and yourself. Those people commit to their groups and to actively contribute. It is important to have the same members over the time frame of the group, so that the synergy of energy, motivation, and commitment to each other remains. This creates a willingness to learn and grow together. People expect you to engage with them and support them, therefore a level of commitment is the key of a successful Mastermind Group.
Significant benefits of the Mastermind group
Being part of a mastermind group offers significant benefits:
- a catalyst for growth
- professional support; develop business skills, give you insights and feedback on your projects and ideas, and stimulate you to think and do things you haven’t considered before
- ideas and solutions that you would not have found by yourself
- offering a fresh perspective, pointing out your blind spots, reminding you of your priorities, highlighting the most efficient path, identifying opportunities and pitfalls and helping you create a clear, efficient action plan.
- learn from others skills and experiences and expand your own knowledge
- You will be much more committed to your goals as you openly share them with your peers
- supportive colleagues; you will have a small network of people who are always willing to help you
- help you focus on the tasks and priorities that you need for success, even when you’re unaware of what they are.
- your overall attitude and business mindset can be influenced in a positive way
About the first group
At the point of writing this article, the group have met once, and communicated together for the 5 days since. Each group member has benefited from the “collective think tank” of the group and from the networking opportunities.. 2 specific “issues” were raised and 2 businesses have received advice, and strategic thoughts that could propel their profits immensely. People come with a broad and diverse range of expertise, and what may have previously “seemed” unattainable is now being seen as easily overcome by the thoughts and opinions of another member who is skilled and well versed in any given area.
So for these ladies who have made time to connect, they are already seeing huge results…and it’s only week 1!
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher. — Oprah Winfrey
BSW Connect is looking to commence another group in the near future. Already we have a list of people who are keen. As always we will reach out to you all. So if you want to make a change in your business life, and believe in the collective thought processes of a group, which could lead to receiving timely and invaluable ideas, insights and direction, then maybe you could join us. If you need support to eliminate excuses, move toward and achieve whatever your individual aspiration might be, then maybe the group could be for you.